The Living Torah


Hebrew life revolved around the Torah (the first five books of the Bible or the books of Moses or the Law). The Torah is the written Word of God containing the statutes and judgments of the Lord. It also shows us the Lord’s justice, righteousness, purity and holiness. To the ancient Hebrew following the Torah meant life and blessing…


Leviticus 18:4, 5

“You are to perform My judgments and keep My statutes, to live in accord with them; I am the LORD your God.  So you shall keep My statutes and My judgments, by which a man may live if he does them; I am the LORD.”


Leviticus 26:3, 4

“If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments so as to carry them out, then I shall give you rains in their season, so that the land will yield its produce and the trees of the field will bear their fruit.”


The Torah is a picture or metaphor for Jesus. Jesus is the Living Torah, the living Word of God, in whom there is justice, righteousness, purity, holiness, life and blessing…


John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.


John 1:14

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.


The Torah speaks of and points to Jesus and in Jesus the Torah is fulfilled…


John 5:45, 46

“Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope.  For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.”


Luke 24:44

Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”


As you and I study the Scriptures we must be looking for Jesus in them. And when we find Jesus, the Living Torah, He will impart to us His justice, His righteousness, His purity, His holiness, His life and His blessing.


Hebrews 10:7

“THEN I SAID, ‘BEHOLD, I HAVE COME (IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME) TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.’”



So…


Do you know the Living Torah, the Living Word of God?


Has Jesus imparted His justice, His righteousness, His purity, His holiness, His life and His blessing to you?