Pushing the Envelope


There are times in our lives when it seems that our faith is being stretched to the limit - when our faith is being pushed beyond the envelope.


Psalms 139:7-10

Where can I go from Your Spirit?

    Or where can I flee from Your presence?

If I ascend to heaven, You are there;

    If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there

If I take the wings of the dawn,

    If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,

Even there Your hand will lead me,

    And Your right hand will lay hold of me.


And the reason the Lord does this is because He wants to show us that even when we go out of the comfort zone of our faith He is still there for us - ready to take hold of our hand.


Matthew 14:28-31a

Peter said to Him, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water. And He said, “Come!” And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him,


When Peter’s faith was pushed beyond the envelope and he became frightened and began to sink Jesus was right there ready to take hold of his hand.


When the Lord pushes the envelope of our faith (and He certainly will) He is doing this because He wants to show us that even when the wind is blowing and the waves are crashing He is still there for us - ready to take hold of our hand.



So…


Has your faith been pushed beyond the envelope?