My Father Your Father


The qualities of good parents…


They are your provider.

They are your protector.

They are your physician and healer.

They are your teacher and guide.

They sacrifice for you.

They forgive you.

They encourage you to be the person you are meant to be.


Matthew 11:27

“All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.”


Luke 10:21

At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit, and said, “I praise You, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight.”


John 8:19

So they were saying to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also.”


Throughout the Gospels Jesus referred to the Lord as My Father.


John 20:17

Jesus said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’”


Jesus says that His Father is also your Father. And as your Father…


He is your Provider.

He is your Protector.

He is your Physician and Healer.

He is your Teacher and Guide.

He sacrifices for you.

He forgives you.

He encourages you to be the person He created you to be.



So…


Is the Lord your Father?