A Pearl of Great Value


Matthew 13:45, 46

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.”


In the eyes of the Lord you and I are pearls of great value.


John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”


Like the merchant who sold all that he had so he could purchase the pearl of great value so too God gave all that He had - His only begotten Son – so He could purchase you and me.


Luke 15:3-7

So He told them this parable, saying, “What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.”


Like the merchant who rejoiced when he found the pearl of great value so too the Shepherd rejoiced when He found you and me.



So…


Are you a pearl of great value?


Has the Shepherd found you?