The L-rd


In Hebrew thought and culture the very name of the L-rd is so awesomely holy and sacred that it cannot be spoken or written.


John 5:18

For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.


Not only did Jesus make Himself equal with God but He referred to the Lord as His Father, something which really upset the religious leaders of His day.


Mark 14:36

And He was saying, Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will.”


The word Abba is a term of endearment implying familiarity and intimacy. In our culture today Abba might best be translated as Daddy or Papa.


Not only did Jesus make Himself equal with God and not only did Jesus refer to the Lord as His Father but He called the Lord (the Almighty, the Creator of the Universe, the I AM WHO I AM) - Daddy.


John 20:17

Jesus said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’”


One of the last things Jesus said before He ascended into heaven was that His Father is also your Father and His God is also your God.



So…


How intimately do you know the L-rd?


Intimately enough to call Him Father?


Intimately enough to call Him Abba?