Not in the Instructions


If you’ve ever seen “The Lego Movie” (a great movie by the way) one of the major complaints that Emmett, the hero, had against the master-builders was that what they were doing was “not in the instructions”.


And whereas the Lord does encourage our individuality as the movie portrays the reason there are instructions is for our safety and well being.


John 15:10

“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.”


John 14:21

“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”


The reason you and I should follow Jesus’ “instructions“ is so that we can abide in His love and so He can disclose Himself to us.


But how does Jesus disclose Himself to us?


John 16:13-15

“But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.”


Jesus discloses Himself to us through the Spirit of truth who dwells within you and me.



So…


Do you follow Jesus’ instructions?


Do you abide in Jesus’ love?


Has the Spirit disclosed Jesus to you?